The HDC Galaxy Note 3 N9000, the best Note 3 look alike? It’s not too long that the Note 3 was unveiled, and now we see a perfectly good look alike, a clone, or whatever it’s called. Take a sneak peak now.
- MT6589 @ 1.2 GHz (real CPU)
- GPU: PowerVR SGX544 @ 287 MHz
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM and 4 GB ROM (real)
- Android 4.3
- Supports Multiple Languages
- Supports (TF) Card up to 32 GB maximum
- 5.7 inch IPS HD @ 1280 x 720 pixels (312 ppi) (real resolution)
- 13 megapixel camera with LED Flash with Max resolution @ 4096 x 3072
- Supports, flashlight,
- 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
- Single Micro Sim (GSM+WCDMA)
- 2G NETWORK: GSM 850/1800/1900MHz
- GPRS, EDGE, HSPA, HSPA+ Support
- 3G NETWORK: WCDMA 850/2100MHz (click here to determine carrier support)
- GPS/AGPS, Bluetooth, Gyroscope, light sensor, Accelerometer
- Compass, FM, Wifi 802.11 b/g/n, motion sensor, Compass
- Gesture Support (motion), 3 colors LED Indicators, Air View and Smart Scroll
- GPS/A-GPS + GLONASS (10 second lock)
- Compatible with original leather back case
- Built in Stylus Pen
- Battery: Removable Li-on @ 2800mAh
Well, it’s obviously not the real Note 3, but damn it really looks like the real thing. It does pass on the looks department, INSIDE? it’s a whole different story. In terms of hardware, the phone is only mediocre, powered by the regular MT6589 processor instead of a turbo version which you can find with other phones like that of the HDC Galaxy Mega, Star Galaxy Mega, etc… furthermore, it only comes with 1 GB of DDR3 RAM and 4 GB of ROM. Although, the phone is equipped with a 2800mAh battery enough to last a whole with mixed usage.
Motion or Gesture control is present here, the phone is also equipped with Smart Scroll. What is Smart Scroll? Basically, a gimmick in the same league with Smart Stay wherein your eyes control the up and down scrolling of pages. Note that Smart Stay is not yet supported with current ROM.
SUPPORT FOR GESTURE, AIR VIEW, AND SMART SCROLL
Another, the phone also sports a 5.7 inch IPS 720p display, again doing away with FHD (full high definition) or 1080p Display, for such a massive screen, an FHD or 1080p display would be a welcome site. More so, the NEO N003T which has better hardware, display and is price close or competitively with the phone.
not to dig deep but as experience users of china phones, we all know how the cameras perform. To sum up, as advertise the phone features a 13 megapixel camera, however, scrutiny would reveal of pixels interpolated, with the real 8.0 megapixel in comparison is more on par. Although pictures are not bad, just don’t expect too much of the camera.
The phone does come with a built in STYLUS, Runs the newest Android 4.3 out of the box (I don’t know what it’s called yet), features multiple languages, and supports Gesture or Motion Control, Air View. Additionally, Smart View Stay is available with ROM update. With much complaints about GPS, the phone surprisingly has a much better GPS, I’ve had plenty of complaints with regards to functionality of the GPS. Now, it appears that the manufacturers headed and added GLONASS Support. Which boast a lock up time of about 10 Seconds.
- DIMENSIONS: 151.3 x 79.2 x 8.4 mm
- WEIGHT: 170g
- SHELL MATERIAL: Plastic
- 1x Simcard Slots,
- 1x Micro USB Port (2.0),
- 1x 3.5 mm Audio Port,
- 1x Stylus
- no 4G or LTE Support
- Single Micro Sim Support only
- interpolated camera megapixels (real 8.0 mp)
- no FHD or 1080p Display
- no MHL Support
- no Mini HDMI Support
- non turbo version
- does not support yet Smart Stay functionality (needs ROM update)
The HDC Galaxy Note 3, Hardware won’t wow you, but the inclusion of a Fast GPS (GLONASS), Android 4.3 and stylus makes the phone more appealing.
If you are interested on the phone, the phone currently retails at around $209.99 click here