The Galaxys Note 3 Rapid, a Note 3 clone from HDC and is available at a very affordable package. An upgraded version of Vitas, the Rapid is now equipped with a full high definition display which was missing on the previous version. HDC has the front runner in its quick release and manufacture of their Smartphones especially Note 3 Knock offs.
The Rapid comes with mediaTek’s fastest mt6592 Octa Core Processor clocked at 1.7 GHz with 2gb RAM and 16gb ROM (32gb optional) which is expandable up to 32gb via microSD or TF-Card. Runs Android 4.2 at stock, although 4.3 or 4.4 would have been much welcome. Furthermore, the device sports a 5.7 inch IPS display with a gorgeous 1080p resolution and roughly about 441 pixel per inch which translates to a wide viewing angle and vibrant high contrast color reproduction.
Packed with all the connectivity, except for 4G or LTE Support. Data Connection is unfortunately limited to 3G or HSDPA/HSUPA Data speeds via WCDMA frequencies which is accepted worldwide. More so, the Rapid also supports OTG functionality, micro USB 3.0, although there is no sign of NFC support as well as air gesture, smart stay and smart scrolling functionalities. If you want to know the full specifications, read below.
Specs at a Glance … HDC Galaxys Note 3 Rapid priced starting at $265 and is available here.
- Processor: MediaTek mt6592 @ 1.7 Octa Core, Mali 450 @ 700MHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM, Support up to 32 GB Micro SD Card
- Operating System: Android 4.2.2 Jellybean with multilingual support
- Display: 5.7 inch IPS @ 1920 x 1080p, 441ppi, OGS, 5 point multitouch, 16 million colors
- Camera: 13 megapixel, 4128 x 3148 pixels, LED Flash, geotagging, touch focus
- Front/Secondary Camera: 13 megapixel
- Sim Support: Dual Sim and Dual Standby (GSM/WCDMA) Normal and Micro Sim Card
- 2G Network Support: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G Network Support: WCDMA 850/2100MHz (HSDPA)
- Other Features: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Hotspot and tethering, Bluetooth 4.0, OTG Support, Playstore, Compass, GPS and A-GPS, FM radio, microUSB 3.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope
- Battery: Li-on @ 3000mAh
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 80.4 x 8.2 mm (plastic) weight: 170g
- No 4G or LTE Support
- No Smart Stay and Support
- No NFC Support
- No built in S pen Support
Rapid vs. Vitas Comparison
- FHD or 1080p Display
- micro USB 3.0 Support
Vitas vs. Rapid
- NFC Support
- A slightly larger 3200mAh battery
HDC has really been busy, and their release of new and upgraded models are quite astonishing how fast they manufacture compared to other brands. The HDC Galaxys Note 3 Rapid, is a successor of the HDC Galaxys Vitas, mainly the major difference lies on the display resolution, the Rapid now uses a 1080p display instead of 720p on the Vitas. Aside from that, basically not much has change. Thus, the Rapid has a better value than the Vitas.
If you want to know more on the Vitas, click here
Availability? The HDC Galaxys Note 3 Rapid retails around $265 and is available here.