A gaming test on the capabilities of 4 popular chipsets, Qualcomm Snapdragon 821, Snapdragon 820, Snapdragon 652 and Mediatek Helio X25. What offers the best price to performance ratio? If you want mobile gaming.
This video article aims to answer the following questions:
- Is there a performance difference between the Snapdragon 821 versus the Snapdragon 820 in terms of gaming?
- What offers the best price to performance ratio?
- On Midrange Chipsets, What offers the best bang for your buck when talking about budget gaming?
I have compared 4 phones, you can refer on the video above
The Xiaomi Mi5s – the successor to the Mi5 and comes with the new Snapdragon 821. No doubt it blows the benchmarks in terms of performance but is it really better than the old Snapdragon 820 in terms of gaming? For the comparison, please refer to the video above. Here are the specs below
Where you can buy:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 and Adreno 530
- 3 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64 GB UFS (Universal Flash Storage)
- 5.15″ IPS 1920 x 1080 pixels
- price: $269
The LeTV LeeCo Le 2 Max – I chose this phone as a comparison to the new Snapdragon 821 not only because it is affordable but it also has a 2K Quad HD Display, which also means, you will know if the Adreno 530 Chip is still capable of running smoothly 3D intensive games as of late. Although the LeeCo Le Pro 3 has been released, it is just too expensive and not really a great bargain when it comes to gaming. Here are the specs below
Full Review here: LeTV LeeCo Le 2 Max
Where you can buy: $219 (price updated as January 23, 2017)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 and Adreno 530
- 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64 GB UFS (Universal Flash Storage)
- 5.7″ IPS 2560 x 1440 pixels (Quad HD Display)
- Estimated price: $209 (currently the price)
Xiaomi Mi Max – if you are really on a budget, then this sub$200 is perfect for you. Not only is it a giant 6.4 inch Phablet but still offers good overall gaming performance via the Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 and Adreno 510 underneath. Will it be enough for 1080p gaming? Find out on the video above. Here are the specs below
Full Review here: Xiaomi Mi Max
Where you can buy: $189 (price updated as of January 31, 2017)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 and Adreno 510
- 3 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 32 GB eMMC
- 6.4″ IPS 1920 x 1080p
Xiaomi Redmi Pro – the Mediatek Alternative to the Mi Max, the phone also offers the best Midrange Chipset from Mediatek. The Helio X25 Deca Core chipset with Mali-T880. Is it better than the Adreno 510? Find out more on the video above. Here are the specs below.
Full Review here: Xiaomi Redmi Pro
Where you can buy: $189 (price updated as of January 23, 2017)
- Mediatek Helio X25 Deca Core, Mali-T880
- 3 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64 GB eMMC
- 5.5″ IPS 1920 x 1080p
Other phones that I have mentioned on the video.
So? On a budget, what is the best gaming Chipset? What is also the best Smartphone for Mid-range Gaming?